ACCELERATE2030GLOBAL FINALIST PROFILE
“InvestEd enables institutions and individuals to invest in loans to unbanked college students through an innovative credit scoring tool that predicts repayment and employment.”
Although 76% of Philippine employers hire exclusively individuals with a college degree, only 10% of Filipinos have one due to the high costs. Education loans aren’t available to all individuals because financial institutions see them as unloanable due to lack of credit history and capacity to pay.
InvestEd gives education loans to college students declared unloanable by the financial system. Our proprietary credit scoring algorithm does what banks cannot–to predict an unbanked student’s probability of repayment. We do this by measuring graduation, employment and behavioral risks. The success of our algorithm has also enabled the public to invest their money in our student loan program. By 2023, we aim to be the world’s top education bank for the poor.
We are a female-led award-winning organization. This 2019, we were recognized as Cartier Women’s Initiative Laureate for South Asia & Oceania Region and the Philippines’ Representative for Asia Social Innovation Awards. In 2018, InvestEd was recognized as Dubai World Expo’s Top 100 Global Innovators and World Education Congress’ EduTech Leadership Award.
- Current Market: The Philippines. We target college students in the Philippines who come from socio economic classes C, D, and E. Until 2020, InvestEd is only loaning to college students in their last two years of study, which is a $300M market in itself.
Awards and Recognitions
- Cartier Women’s Initiative Awardee (2019)
- Philippine Representative for Asia Social Innovation Awards (2019)
- Dubai Expo Top 100 Global Innovators (2018)
- EduTech Leadership Award by World Education Congress (2018)
Participant's income increases between 37.5%-250% after graduation.
- Of the 477 borrowers, 35% have graduated and started repayment. 35% 35%
- 41% of borrowers are first-generation students 41% 41%
170 schools, 109 degree courses
Repayment rate (0 defaults) as of September 2019.
Investors and Partners
We invite you to join us in Geneva, Switzerland to learn about this venture and the other ten 2019 Accelerate2030 global finalists. Please contact us to learn how you can engage with us.